Tuesday, November 19, 2013

If you're only going to read one thing today, PLEASE make it this.....

So I'm sitting at my computer, just catching up on stuff, and D2 (the 3 year old) is sitting behind me playing on the iPad.


And then this comes up on my Facebook feed. As soon as I saw the pic of the doggie I knew it was going to make me cry. And I am still crying.

We, as people, as parents, as a NATION......we take SO VERY MUCH for granted. We don't wake up daily wondering if there are going to be snipers in the upper windows of  city buildings, or ethnic raids, or bombs dropped at random moments. We don't worry about suicide bombers and terrorist threats. We just don't. 

Yes, we've had terrible things happen. The mass shootings, September 11th, Oklahoma City, etc. But there are people in other countries who live in constant, debilitating fear.....fear of just going out for necessities. I don't think anything of jumping in the car to go to the store, or to go have a coffee, or just to go shopping. I completely take for granted that I am, for all intents and purposes, safe. 

All of the political nonsense going on.....people arguing and fighting over ridiculous things.....all of it means squat when compared to the sacrifices our servicemen and women give every single day. And then for them to come home and basically be told, "You're on your own," is so very wrong. 

America doesn't have a political problem, America has a PRIORITIES problem.

THANK YOU TO EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER WHO IS SERVING OR WHO HAS SERVED AMERICA. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. For me, for my children, for my family......THANK YOU. I cannot say it enough. 

 


"If you’re only going to read one thing today, read this…

18 November, 2013 in AnimalsImages | Comment
cute-black-labrador-dog-sleeping-couch
cute-lab-dog-big-eyes
cute-black-lab-sleeping-paws
cute-black-lab-sleeping-chair-dog
cool-dogs-quote-cool-story
** http://themetapicture.com/if-youre-only-going-to-read-one-thing-today-read-this/


2 comments:

  1. Dammit...ugly cry. Snot running down my face and all...

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete